Having a blazing fast metabolism is a great way to losing weight.
Not only does it increase the number of calories you burn, but it also allows you to eat more. Here is a list I’ve come up that you can use to help you keep it running fast.
1. Eat Breakfast – It’s time to start eating breakfast. If you think skipping it will help you out, it wont. Eating breakfast will jump start your metabolism, and it’ll give you the much-needed energy for the day. If you’re eating a good healthy breakfast, you’ll burn it off.
2. Muscle Muscle Muscle – Muscles keep your body working and burning calories. I’ve heard that for each pound of muscle you have, your body burns an additional 60 calories a day. If you put on 10lbs of muscle, that’s 600 calories. That’s practically another big meal you could eat. Also, you’ll often hear people telling overweight people that want to lose weight to put on some muscle first. This is why!
3. Sleep – Sleep is critical for having an efficient body. A lot of people are going on crusades against the fast food industry blaming them for obesity around the world. I believe most people that are obese don’t get a lot of sleep and work in more stressful jobs. Take a nap.
4. Drink Water – Water makes up 2/3 of your body mass. Fresh water needs to enter the system, and old water needs to be flushed out. If this doesn’t happen, the bodies internal functions don’t run efficiently, slowing down your metabolism.
5. Eat every 2-3hrs – This is by far the best thing you can do in my opinion. Your metabolism will light up when you do this. At first, you’ll feel like you’re feeding yourself when you’re not hungry. Don’t worry that’ll pass within a week or two. Check out my post on Planning a Diet for Success
6. Say no to sugar – You will crash. End of story. Remember, sugar raises insulin and insulin are the hormones of storage (as in fat).
7. Eat every meal – Don’t miss any meals. I know if you’re trying to eat every 2-3hrs you can get caught up in things. Eat anyway. This will keep your metabolism going.
8. Add fat burners to your program – Phen375 has been shown to increase metabolism as well as spicy foods. Add it to your diet.